Thanks for your interest in sharing your businesses insights and expertise with our members though the Edmonton Chamber blog. Please review this guide to understand what we’re looking for and what we require from you to make this happen.
NOTE: As a member-based organization, we want to help our members succeed, and as such, only submissions from member organizations will be considered.
We are looking for top notch subject matter experts to share deep insights beyond general knowledge and discuss issues that are particularly relevant at this time.
Posts should provide thought leadership and value to our members and the Edmonton business community. An effective guest blog post should inform readers on information that will affect their business and add value to their long-term strategy.
Some examples of topics include:
- Accounting/financial management
- Business strategy
- Current trends
- Human resources
- Small business advice
How to submit
Send an email with your proposed blog submission (in a Word document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Member blog submission).
Please allow 1-2 weeks for a response.
- Submissions must meet the Edmonton Chamber’s quality requirements in order to be published. Blog submissions requiring substantial editing will be returned with feedback on how to meet requirements for re-submission.
- Self-promotion and partisanship should be limited to your author bio.
- The Edmonton Chamber does not post news or media releases from other organizations, but does encourage members to share their good news through educational or informative blog content.
- Proper attribution must be given to facts, figures and phrases.
- The Edmonton Chamber reserves the right to edit, promote or reject your guest blog as we see fit.
- Please submit your blog post in Word document format.
- Keep your post to 700 words or less.
- Include at least two images for your article, including:
- a mandatory headline image and one body image that is 1200 x 500 pixels at 72 dpi, in .jpg or .png format.
- additional images must be 1200x500 pixels at 72 dpi, in .jpg or .png format.
- Please note: Photos submitted within the Word document will not be accepted and your blog post will be sent back. Please use public domain images or images that you have ownership of. The Edmonton Chamber of Commerce has no responsibility for images supplied.
Article writing suggestions
- Spend extra time crafting an engaging headline.
- Divide your post into short, easy-to-skim paragraphs.
- Use subheadings for each meaningful point.
- End your post with a powerful conclusion and an open question to engage readers.